Wednesday, November 26, 2008

First Holy Communion

*JMJ* I went to a meeting last Saturday night at my church for my son who will be making his First Holy Communion in the spring of 2009. And the date will be Sunday, May 17, 2009 @ 10:30 Mass. I am so excited and so happy that my little boy will be able to receive the Eucharist soon instead of just walking up with me. This is what I've always wanted for him since he was born. And it's a lot of work and dedication to get your child to this point. I've always told my husband that if I ever died, to make sure that our son gets his First Eucharist and gets confirmed! He promised he would. That is so important to me that all of my children get their sacraments through the church. I know that the Lord wants me to do that. That is my job as a Catholic parent to make sure that they receive there Catholic sacraments. I'm already looking ahead to my son's confirmation. It's like my heart can't rest until he gets confirmed. I don't know what the strong feelings are about, but have always been like that since I became Catholic nine years ago. I've always had this strong feeling that I need to pass along my religion down to my children. Partly because I can just tell and feel that I'm going to be judged for that one day. I know it sounds weird, but I can sense that this is what I have to do for my children. And when it comes to the Lord asking me for something, I'm not taking any chances. :-) I also found out that the boys have to wear dark colored slacks, a white button down shirt with a white tie. Oh I'm getting so excited just thinking about it! I want to get his pictures taken like I did for my other children with him holding a rosary and his little communion book in his little hands. Oh how sweet. He's going to look so cute. I love him so much. God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have marked the date! Thank you for being such a wonderful mother, wife, and daughter. Oh and now grandmother :>) We love you granny Annie.