Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's Coming....

*JMJ* Yep, it's true. Lent is coming! Like I said in last years post, Lent is my favorite time in the church. To me it's a time when you want to shout out...(pointing) I'm Catholic! I'm...I'm...I'm a Catholic!!!! Me...I'm Catholic (Lol). Oh I'm fasting because...I'm a Catholic! Oh I can't eat meat on Friday because...I'm Catholic! Be proud to have those ashes on your forehead because...I'm a Catholic! And the list goes on and on. I think I get this from the fact that I didn't grow up in the Catholic faith until almost 11 years now. So I'm excited to see that I am still excited about my Catholic faith. Does it get boring? Heck no! With each year, I become a better Catholic. And let me tell you, it's going to take me a lot of Lenten seasons, probably all of my life, to get myself to were God wants me to be! I know I always say this, but when I first became Catholic, I use to pray and asked the Lord why he chose me to become a Catholic. I use to say, "Jesus, I'm such a terrible Catholic (Lol)." I really was. I use to tell the Lord that he made a big mistake calling me to the church. The Lord had no problem pointing out all of my faults. And trust me, there were and still is quite a bit. With more Lenten seasons, I trust that the Lord will iron out all of my wrinkles. And I'm not kidding. It will probably take my whole life time for that! But I've come to learn that our faith is a journey. It will take my whole life to walk through my journey of faith.
Over the past years, I have really liked the Stations of the Cross prayer. So this year, I went out hunting around at different Catholic stores to find the Stations of the Cross prayer beads. I was so happy to finally have one for my own. I've always wanted these prayer beads. They have the 15 pictures for each station. And I real big crucifix. The crucifix has the trinity on it. Father, Son & Holy Spirit. I've never seen a crucifix like that, I like it.
So I'm going to really enjoy using these for the Stations of the Cross prayer this Lenten season. So all I have to do is dust off the ole' bible and grab my rosary beads out of the bottom of that drawer and I'm good to go for this Lenten season. Oh yeah I gotta get me one of those little black books to.
I hope that you all are preparing for Lent. Because it's coming!!
God bless all of my readers. I hope that you all have a very spiritual Lenten season that brings you closer to God. Don't forget that Wednesday is Ash Wednesday. It's not a day of Holy Obligation. But please go to mass. It's a wonderful way to kick off the Lenten season.
Peace & Love, Anne
P.S. I'm giving up coffee for Lent!

No comments: